Monday, February 13, 2017

Technology Disconnect

For an assignment for my Exploring Digital Media class, I am required to be disconnected from all technology for a total of 24 hours. To prepare, I have notified my friends, family, and coworkers know that I will be doing this. I believe that the most challenging part of this disconnection will be not getting ahold of people. Not having any music to listen to will also be challenging for me. The easiest part will be having the time to relax and not be distracted with my phone or laptop.

I am sure that my phone will be the hardest thing to give up during this disconnect. I can go online, listen to music, as well as get ahold of friends and family with my phone. Television will be the easiest technology to give up for myself because I do not watch it often. I might watch a show or a movie once every couple of days.

I am not excited about this assignment. The reason for this is because I feel like it will be difficult to not use any technology for 24 hours. It will most likely be a learning experience for me. I am sure I will be looking forward to being done with this technology disconnect assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment